Saturday, December 29, 2007
2. "Why is the rum always gone?" (Hey, I was a Pirates fan before it was cool.)
3. "Harold, *everyone* has the right to make an ass of himself." (I have no idea what this is from, but it seems I got it right by pure guessing. How cool is that?)
4. "Nine companions, so be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring." (And you will make it very clear that Sam and Frodo get Brokeback with each other.)
5. "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to clean the house." (Just who do you think you're dealing with? OK, I know what this is from, but it's no fun. I mean seriously. 'I have not yet begun to defile myself''?What is that about?)
6. "Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere." (Regardless of an intense limp. Run, Forrest, run!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to perhaps sleeping, tomorrow my plans include mucho room and house cleaning and Sunday, I want to pick Harper up at the airport (squee)!
Thursday, December 27, 2007
1. All night starting at midnight Rockin' Shoppin' at Alderwood Mall. It was a semi-traumatizing night of trying to shop in mall more crowded than most concerts I've been to.
2. A night of Christmas movies with STUN, which included The Ref and Die Hard.
3. Going up in the mountains with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins for the hunting of the elusive Christmas tree.
4. Decorating my grandparents freshly hunted down tree with my pack of cousins, a night that included dancing, board games, gingerbread houses that were soon turned into Mayan ruins, and a Barbie movie.
5. Decorating our Christmas tree with everything we had to the Talking Heads cd, Stop Making Sense, a detailed account of which can be found here.
6. Chloe and I "stealing" dad's debit card and making our way to Alderwood Mall for some Christmas shopping of our own. We bought presents for mom, dad, and each other, my mantra for the day being "I hate Christmas", which is, of course, nowhere near true.
7. Mom, Chloe, and I hopped the Express Bus to Seattle one evening and delighted ourselves with the lights, the pre-Christmas madness, and a ride on the Qwest carousel, which was lovely. I freakin' love kiddie rides. After we'd had our fill and I'd had a grande organic milk vanilla latte with extra foam (yeah, coffee junkie/snob, I know. It's a problem, I'm dealing with it) we hopped the bus home.
8. A day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve baking spree, which included chess pie, rocky road fudge, and Granny Rosie's Christmas cookies.
9. A few-days-before-Christmas present wrapping marathon, which resulted in minor back problems for three family members.
10. Christmas Eve at grandma's house. What can I say? Dinner, washing dishes very slowly to torture the younger children with the wait for present opening, "caroling", presents, bickering, clever insults, getting stuck at the kids table after years of being allowed to sit with the big grownups, joy of presents, and the yearly wrapping paper fight and inevitable clean up.
11. After Christmas Eve at grandma's house. Chloe and I immediately set about stocking up for our all-nighter of barricading ourselves in my room to wait for Christmas morning. We stocked up on chess pie, cheese, chocolate, and Martinelli's to sit and watch five episodes of Family Guy before finally going to sleep at one am with an alarm set for 6:45.
12. Christmas morning. I woke up fifteen minutes before the alarm and woke Chloe up. In less than five minuted we had called mom and dad and told them to come get us, us not being allowed to leave the room until they were there. While we waited Chloe and I entertained ourselves with a horrible warbled version of Silver Bells.
13. Then came the present un-wrapping, which brought three pairs of glorious shoes, a ton of t-shirts from my much beloved Threadless, Fight Club, V For Vendetta, pajamas, round looms, and joy. For mom's account of the day, go here.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
|Your Christmas Sprit Level: 60%|
You have a lot of Christmas spirit, and it's evident to most people who know you.
You love most things Christmas, and you do your best to make sure everyone has a great holiday.
While you like the more commercial aspects of Christmas, you truly know what the spirit of Christmas is about.
You're all about giving, being kind, and sharing the spirit of Christmas with everyone you know.
Friday, December 21, 2007
2. I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, and no Driver's Ed until January.
3. The Qwest holiday carousel in Seattle is the best ride ever!
4. One of my favorite old tv shows is Soap.
5. I'm done with Christmas shopping and feling guilty.
6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is the Christmas lights and the presents.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to feeling better, tomorrow my plans include present wrapping and Sunday, I want to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
3. Lestat de Lioncourt, Interview With the Vampire
5. Ripley, Alien/s
6. Blade, Blade
7. Buffy Summers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. Roy Mustang, FullMetal Alchemist
10. Han Solo, Star Wars III -VI
11. Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean I - III
12. Alice, Resident Evil I - III
13. Seth Gecko, From Dusk Til Dawn
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate any day, even though I do like egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, in special only-for-Santa wrapping paper, left in front of the fireplace.
3. Colored or white lights? Colored. Everything colored. I even have them hung in my bedroom.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never in my memory. That'd be pretty badass, though.
5. When do you put your decorations up? First week of December usually. This year it was four days ago.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Everything.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting our rats from Santa one Christmas, then the next letting them run wild in our tree, just as we have with our new(ish) rats.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was about seven and I asked mom and dad for the truth, so they told me. But, you know, I think there's more to Santa than existing or not existing.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Christmas Eve is for large family gathering and some of the gifts, Christmas morning is for the real presents.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, ornaments, angel, presents.
11. Snow: Love it or hate it? Love it unless it screws up any plans I might have.
12. Can you ice skate? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Not so well.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Rats from Santa, computer from Santa.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Presents, haha. And the build up to it, the traditions, the happiness it brings everyone.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Jeeeeeez. Uh, let's go with whatever Grandma makes.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? 12 Days of Christmas, sleeping in the living room at least once with the tree lights on, stockings.
17. What is on top of your tree? A lighted angel.
18. Which do you like best, giving or receiving? Recieving. You think I give anybody presents? Nope, mother dear takes care of that.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas Wrappings and Mr. Grinch.
20. Do you like candy canes? When they're hung on the tree. Alright, I like them when they're off the tree, too. Always in moderation.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Ref.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Friday, December 14, 2007
2. Dashing through the snow, on a pair of broken skis.
3. Hark! The herald angels give off a heavenly glow. Every one knows that.
4. It's coming on Christmas morning! That's when the really good presents come.
5. When I was small I believed in Santa Claus, though I knew it was the greatest thing ever. I miss believing in Santa.
6. That Christmas magic's brought this tale to a very happy ending.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to see I Am Legend, tomorrow my plans include decorating my Grandma's Christmas tree and Sunday, I want to watch Christmas movies with STUN!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
3. Lip ring (but, then again, everybody and their brother has one, so mebbe not)
6. Gauges (for now look to his ears, but if you want to see more of the pretty boy go here.)
7. Industrial in one ear
9. Bellybutton (on all four sides)
11. Back corset (kidding, I swear)
12. Hip bones
Monday, December 10, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Once you've been 'tagged', you have to write a blog of 10 weird / random facts/ habits/goals about yourself. At the end choose 10 people to be tagged , listing their names and WHY you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment ( You're IT ! ) and to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you, since you can't tag me back - let me know when you've posted your blog so I can see your answers.
1} When I discover something I really like I do it ALOT for a day or two, then barely at all after awhile. For instance, I watched the extended version of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and discovered I liked it much more than the non-extended one, so I watched it three times in one day. Or like all those headers I made.
2} It either takes three hours or me sitting down for more than five minutes for coffee to kick in and me to get hyper. Then I just talk alot and really fast.
3} I love talking on the phone, but I hate picking it up and calling someone. I'd prefer it if they called me. Same with letters. I love getting and writing them, but I won't make the first move.
4} In books, my favorite characters are always the silent, strong, interesting men who either won't reveal their past or have a tragic past. Like Dustfinger in Inkheart and Inkspell by Cornelia Funke.
5} My favorite stuffed animal is a moose name Kurt Cobain.
6} I have more pens that don't work than pens that do.
7} I have a box that I decorated that has every paper (or non-paper, but small) item that is at all important to me in it. Like letters that campers sent me,
8} I lovelovelove getting my face painted and painting other peoples' faces.
9} I'm going to spend my sixteenth birthday in Italy.
10} Chloe and I are going to move to Ireland as soon as I turn eighteen.
The people I'm tagging:
5. Randi and Kauleen
I'm rebelling (like always) and being lazy (like always) and not telling you why I'm tagging them. Just guess. *sticks out tongue*
Saturday, December 8, 2007
12/8: Without Me
12/9: In a Tire
12/10: Pretty Cunning
12/11: Hello, I'm _____
12/12: Son of a . . .
12/14: Vewy Quiet
12/16: As Soon as I Get You Alone
12/17: Oh, No, She Didn't!
12/18: Upped Standards
12/19: Everything You Do
12/20: Funnier Than . . .
12/21: Wicked Cool
12/22: Mad Deep
12/23: Don't Panic!
12/24: Strange Things
12/25: Rats In Our Trees
12/26: Your Pants
12/27: Sexy Back
12/29: I Rock
12/30: Was That An Earthquake?
12/31: Fictional Boyfriends
1/2: Dark Mark
1/5: Pretty Much Gangsta
1/6: Good Hugs
1/7: Me? Sarcastic?
1/9: Under My Clothes
1/11: To Err Is Human
1/12: Ice Cold
1/15: I May Not Look Like Much, But . . .
1/16: My Mom
1/17: Magic Potion
1/18: Bass From the Speakers
On the eighteenth of January you can post your vote in the comments of a post I'll put up that will include all 42 headers and the winning header will do nothing but feel validated. It's just something fun for me.
So vote if you're my friend.
Friday, December 7, 2007
2. Blue and red and green is/are my favorite color(s) for the Christmas tree lights.
3. The candles in the window have nonexistent bulbs. There are no candles in our windows. I'm the only candle person in our house adn they never go in windows.
4. The Ref is one of my most favorite Christmas movies. And, of course, who could forget The Nightmare Before Christmas?
5. My favorite Christmas lyric(s) is/are every word in The Grinch.
6. I'm dreaming of a white, but not so white Christmas that I can't get to the movie theatre to see Alien Vs. Predator 2.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to The Golden Compass, tomorrow my plans include doing Chloe's hair for Good Yule and going to the Minshull Family Christmas Gathering and Sunday, I want to drive to my heart's content and practice what my driver's ed intructor said I should practice!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
2. Against a wall
3. In a hotel room
4. In a field
5. In a gross, dirty cabin sitting on the floor
6. On a couch
7. In the back of a hearse
8. At the Rocky Horror Picture Show
9. In a car
11. In a game of Spin the Bottle