Tuesday, November 27, 2007
1. Age at Next Birthday: Sweet Sixteen.
2. Place I'd Like to Travel: Ireland.
3. Favorite Place: New Orleans in all it's glory.
Or not in all it's glory.
4. Favorite Object(s): Cameras
And Tattoo Machines
5. Favorite Food: Tortellini
As in, some of you might know, teh evil bitch from Ouran High School Host Club.
6. Favorite Animal: Horses
(I did not just see a ton of pictures of cooked and beautifully presented rats for eating. I did not.)
7. Favorite Color(s): Black
8. My Nickname(s): MJ
9. Town Where I Was Born: Renton, Washington
10. Bad Habit I Have: Procrastination
Tag, you're it!!
Monday, November 26, 2007
But they were fucked up in their turn
Man hands on misery to man.
- Phillip Larkin
Friday, November 23, 2007
2. Blogging satisfies my need for community and writing about pointless (or not so pointless) things.
3. When I look at a full moon, I feel awed and magical and regret that I don't have a camera with me.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a bag of candy or chips or something microwavable. Unhealthy, I know.
5. The most recent movie I saw, 30 Days of Night, made me jump and it made me sad cuz there isn't exactly the happiest of endings.
6. If only I had money to do the things that really matter to me like visiting campers.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to chillin with my parentals and sister, tomorrow my plans include the hunting of the elusive Christmas tree and Sunday, I want to kick NaNoWriMo in the ass and crank out a bunch of words!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Thirteen Ways to Win MJ's Heart
1. Touching. Casual, easy, absentminded, affectionate touching.
2. Love one or more of the things she loves just as violently and passionately as she loves them.
3. Make her laugh and laugh with her.
4. Be o p e n m i n d e d.
5. Ask her opinion, ask her questions about things she likes. Take interest.
6. Notice when she isn't happy. She hides it well, so pay attention.
7. Be yourself. Be unique.
8. Give her compliments. They make her feel warm and fuzzy.
9. Always be ready to fight with her and make up afterwards. She loses her temper easily and she loves arguments.
10. Be a constant surprise. Be spontaneous and random. Catch her off guard, sweep her off her feet.
11. Make sure she knows you like/love being with her.
12. Let her take lots of pictures of you/with you.
13. Let her share the things she loves with you.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
This is Rowdy, one of the many horses Hope For Horses has rescued. He and his brother, Sam, are minis. He's currently in rehabilitation, while Sam is ready for adoption. Rowdy is a sweet, curious horse who always comes to see whoever comes into the barn.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Albus Dumbledore
Monday, November 19, 2007
- The Decemberists, Shankhill Butchers
- The Format, On Your Porch
- Damien Rice, 9 Crimes
- Elliott Smith, Say Yes
- Death Cab For Cutie, Someday You Will Be Loved
- Amy Steinberg, Exactly
- Ingrid Michaelson, The Way I Am
- Nickel Creek, The Lighthouse's Tale
- Nickel Creek, When In Rome
- Brand New, Jesus Christ
- Rocky Votolato, Where We Left Off
- Bright Eyes, Lover I Don't Have to Love
- Smashing Pumpkins, Zero
- The Vandals, Fucked Up Girl
- Coldplay, Green Eyes
- The Weakerthans, The Reasons
- The Weakerthans, My Favorite Chords
- Finger Eleven, Paralyzer
- Nickelback, Animals
- Jump Little Children, Cathedrals
- Dixie Chicks, Lullaby
- Dixie Chicks, Travellin' Soldier
- Rob Thomas, Little Wonders
- Yann Tiersen, La Valse D'Amelie
- Rise Against, Swing Life Away
- John Murphy, In The House - In a Heartbeat
- Mindless Self Indulgence, Faggot
- Sublime, Date Rape
So, in no way shape or form is this in order, but it's something. And it'll probably change in a few weeks, but whatever.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Pride and Prejudice
Interview With the Vampire
V For Vendetta
The Nightmare Before Christmas
28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Howl's Moving Castle
Saturday, November 17, 2007
- Halloween is most definitely an excusefor her to dress like a slut and she loves it.
- She never cries.
- She got over her worries awhile ago that she wasn't learning enough as an unschooler. She knows now that she knows more about what matters than an kid in school ever will.
- What matters is acceptance of everyone and yourself, love, peace, emotion, life, family, friends, enjoying life, doing what's important to you, et cetera.
- Vogue is one of hermany guilty pleasures.
- She went through a phase where she rejected everything at all feminine. Now she likes girl stuff as much as guy stuff.
- Chai is basically the greatest hot drink ever.
- She loves sleeping in and a part of her will hate you forever if you wake her up earlier than necessary.
- She doesn't care what people say about them selling out, Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy are awesome.
- She loves love stories, but only if they live happily ever after.
- She doesn't like doing anything alone, but has lately been forcing herself to do more things by herself.
- She loves writing letters (and getting them), but never does it.
- She loves shoes. Like, ALOT.
- She wants alot of piercings.
- She is a work of art (in progress).
- She loves coloring.
- She papers her walls with pictures and ads from magazines.
- She loves driving things. Cars, boats, jetskis, four wheelers, tractors, motorcycles, dirtbikes, sailboats, everything.
- She likes dresses, but finds it's much too cold for them in the Pacific Northwest most of the time, which is sad.
- She's been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Many times. Yes, she knows you're jealous.
- She loves lotion that smells nice.
- She wants to go on an epic adventure everyday and would love it if you wanted to come on one.
- She loves anime and manga, too. Like . . . alot. Her very favorite is Fruits Basket. She would put a link to the Wiki, but, apparently, there are mucho spoilers in there.
- To let off stress she talks in the third person every so often.
- She's double-jointed in her fingers.
- She would wear high heels everywhere if her feet wouldn't kill her after half an hour.
- "Kid Stuff" is fun for teenagers, too.
- She loves surprising people.
- She tends to wear sunglasses at night, which is just one of her quirks.
- She LOVES sweaters, which is why winter is her very favorite season. All she wants for Christmas is sweaters. Lots of pretty, colorful, fuzzy, thick sweaters.